Every Monday Morning at 8:15am, join me on my Facebook page as I sit down with a local lender, and do a live interview and talk about a Mortgage Tip that may help YOU with your next Real Estate Purchase.
This morning I sat down with Stacy Himley from Guaranteed Rate. In this episode, Stacy gave some information about Home Owners Insurance. Due to the recent rain fall in Brookings, do you have the right insurance for flooding/water in your home? You can reach Stacy at 605.605.690.2305 or Stacy.Himley@rate.com Her office is located at 101 S. Reid St. Suite 307, Sioux Falls SD or on the web at www.Rate.com/StacyHimley
Do You Have The Right Home Owners Insurance?
Hey, good mornin' everybody. Shane here from the Brookings Home Team, powered by Century 21. It is Monday morning, it is 8:15 on the dot, and I've got Stacy Himley here from Guaranteed Rate. She is actually gonna talk about not necessarily a mortgage tip but something that has been important here for homeowners to know here. We're giving our past week with the heavy floods that we had, the heavy rains, so. With that being said, Stacy, I'll let you take it away.
- Good morning everybody. So, everybody has heard, I'm sure, or lived through the past week when we had the seven, eight, whatever, however many inches of rain that we got overnight. Please, please, please do me a favor and if you already own a home, go talk to your insurance agent before disaster strikes because we've heard stories of people thinking they're covered, and they're not. If the water's flowing in, sometimes the insurance company will look at that as flood water instead of seepage. Some people's insurance company doesn't cover seepage, but it covers a sump pump, for instance. So, I always tell people when they're buying a house ask the questions. We have great insurance agents in town here. But make sure you know what you're covered and what's not covered because you don't wanna be one of those people that are cleaning out their basement and then find out, the agent comes, or the adjuster usually, and says, "Sorry, you're not covered." So, like a sump pump rider, for instance, I always tell, it's cheap, it's under 10 or 12 bucks a year, sometimes even, it's so cheap. Get one, I mean in Brookings we're so close to the water tables that you would just have to. But the other thing is it makes a difference for deductibles, it makes a difference in your mortgage payment, so that's why we kind of touch on that. And then, when you have damage, if it's a large amount of money, that check is made to you and your mortgage holder. So, make sure you understand what you're covered for. Don't be one of those people that is so upset and then has to pay all that out of pocket, so.
- Yeah, no, it's good information. I know it wasn't a mortgage tip, but it's still excellent information given our past week here. So, this was just a special edition
- of a Monday Morning Mortgage Tip.
- You learn after the week, it's like ah, I bet those people wish they would have contacted their agent to know what they had for coverage. So, do us a favor
- and have an insurance checkup. So, it's just as important as having a mortgage checkup, sometimes, so.
- When you do a refinance, you kinda refi everything with a new mortgage rate, and everything like that. Same with the insurance.
- Go out there and check around. Like she said, we do have some excellent insurance agents here, we can certainly recommend a few for you too, so.
- Sure, yeah.
- Some great information but there you have it. That's today's Monday Morning Mortgage Tip, special version, special edition.
- Special edition.
- Special episode.
- We'll start those, I guess.
- Yeah, there you go. So, I'll have Stacy's information, as normal, on the top, on the bottom, on the sides, wherever your device allows you to see that. If you have any questions for myself or for Stacy, please reach out to us via comment or email, phone, whatever it takes there. Get ahold of us. If you have a question you'd like answered on this next episode, let us know of that too, and we'll get that answered for ya. So, that does it for this Monday morning
- Great, have a good week
- and the morning tip.
- You bet. So, we'll talk to you guys later, next week. See ya.
- Thank you.
Thinking of selling and/or moving to Brookings, Volga, or any surrounding areas? Got questions? I’m here to help! Visit BrookingsHomeTeam.com for more details!