Happy Holidays! Christmas is only a weekend away. Surely, some of you are getting ready to travel to visit family and friends. Others are preparing to host large groups of people to celebrate the holidays together. When hosting guests, much like preparing for an open house, everyone wants to put their best foot forward. Cleaning can become an overwhelming thought, but remember the reason people are coming together is more important than your house looking squeaky clean.
So, to help you get your house guest-ready, here are a few tips. These should have your home looking prepared, but you won't have to break your back in the process.
1. Clean up the entryway - This is the first thing your guests will see. They say you should make a good first impression, so giving this area some attention will go a long way. Give it a sweep and shake out the rugs and doormat.
2. Focus on the kitchen - It's a natural gathering area full of food, drinks, snacks and treats. Dust the cupboards and light fixtures and flush the sink with boiling water.
3. The bathroom is next - A clean presentation here can reflect on the rest of the house. Give this room a good scrubbing.
4. Listen to your nose - An off-putting smell can be very uncomfortable for you and your guests. If you notice something smelly after cleaning, light a scented candle or brew some coffee to help freshen the air.
5. That includes the garbage disposal - To keep it fresh for your guests, chop up a lemon and feed it to the disposal.
6. Window dressing - Clean and wipe your windows so they are streak free when watching for your guests. Or, more likely, when looking at the snow falling to the ground in South Dakota. Either way, windows are another thing guests might notice and that you can easily keep looking clean.
7. ENJOY YOURSELF! - Turn on some Christmas music or Hallmark movies while cleaning to get into the holiday spirit. After all, this is one of the happiest times of the year. Make it fun and have fun with your family and friend. And, if you're too busy celebrating and enjoying your time together, nobody will remember how clean your house was.
I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season!
Thinking of selling and/or moving to Brookings, Volga, or any surrounding areas? Got questions? I’m here to help! Visit BrookingsHomeTeam.com for more details!
Leave a Comment