Every Monday Morning at 8:15am, join me on my Facebook page as I sit down with a local lender, and do a live interview and talk about a Mortgage Tip that may help YOU with your next Real Estate Purchase.
This morning I sat down with Emmy Lebert from Dakotaland FCU. Today, Emmy talked about appraisals vs. home inspections. You can reach Emmy at 605.697.5922 or firstname.lastname@example.org Her office is located at 2423 6th St., Brookings SD 57006 or on the web at www.DakotalandFCU.com
Appraisals Vs. Home Inspections-What is right for you?
- Alright, hey everybody, good morning, how ya doing? It is a new Monday morning. Sorry we weren't here last week, but we're going to start again this week and get back on schedule, so it's a beautiful morning, it's eight 15. That means it's our Monday Morning Mortgage Tip and I'm here with Emmy at Dakotaland to give us a quick rundown on a mortgage tip here for ya. So good morning.
- Good morning, thanks for having me.
- You betcha. Always enjoy having you guys here, so have at it.
- Today we're just going to talk about the difference between home inspections and appraisals. A lot of the times, home inspections are up to the borrowers, whether or not they want one or not. Home inspections, a lot of the times, look at the structures of the property. They'll go in and look at your foundation, things like that, whereas appraisals more look at the value of the property. You will have certain appraisers that will look at structures and stuff too. However, they are there to more put value to the property than, home inspectors are there to just look at the structure of the property. So if you have any other additional questions on either one, whether or not to do a home inspection, you can always call Dani or I at Dakotaland, and we can kind of give you a little bit more information.
- Perfect, yep, there ya go. That's the difference between an inspection and appraisal, and one is just as important as the other, so it just depends on what direction you want to go, and as agents, we can kind of direct you too as far as maybe you have multiple offers, do we do home inspection or don't we, so stuff like that, good information. Thanks for sharing that. What do you think? Got the new logo going up top here, so loving that, and we'll get Dakotaland's on there hopefully here eventually, but if you have any questions for Emmy or Dani, actually for Emmy this morning, I'll have her information on the sides, on the bottom, or up top, wherever your device allows you to see it. Feel free to give her a call anytime. She's happy to talk to you, to answer all your mortgage questions, so thanks again for watching. Until next Monday, guys, have a great week. We'll talk to you later.
- Happy Monday.
Thinking of selling and/or moving to Brookings, Volga, or any surrounding areas? Got questions? I’m here to help! Visit BrookingsHomeTeam.com for more details!